Walking Away
Walking away from someone you love
Trotting the path of friend
If I had to do it all over
I’m certain I’d do it again
Walking away from someone you love
Not something I wanted to do
But something I knew I must
My heart's still in love
But it’s my mind I had to trust
Walking away from someone you love
The memories… laughter… and tears
Letting these things go
Is what I most feared
Oh, how I pray my heart will heal
Walking away from someone you love
Looking forward to a future
Unsure of what will be there
I opened the door of uncertainty
Stepped onto roads unclear
My destination’s still unknown
I only hope to land in love and care
Lay
Trotting the path of friend
If I had to do it all over
I’m certain I’d do it again
Walking away from someone you love
Not something I wanted to do
But something I knew I must
My heart's still in love
But it’s my mind I had to trust
Walking away from someone you love
The memories… laughter… and tears
Letting these things go
Is what I most feared
Oh, how I pray my heart will heal
Walking away from someone you love
Looking forward to a future
Unsure of what will be there
I opened the door of uncertainty
Stepped onto roads unclear
My destination’s still unknown
I only hope to land in love and care
Lay
Comments
Post a Comment