Frenemy

You live life tit for tat.

Damn, I wish you'd "tat" me back! Just once…

Be there for me

As I have been for you.

When it counts

Why must things always "FALL" through?

Here's friendship lesson 101…

Hopefully, you'll get it before I'm done.

Try going out of your way

Without being asked

Try being selfless in this task

There will be no tangible reward or recognition

Gratification is in giving

Listen with nonjudgmental ears

As I express my craziness

My pain and

My darkest fears

Please keep those hyper-critical opinions to yourself

Bite your tongue…

I'll let you know when it's okay to share

And remember… at least pretend you care.

Open your mind

Be grateful sometimes

Be happy when I shine!

Stop turning up your nose

Deeming others "GHETTO"

Based on stereotypes

You know nothing of their struggle or strife

Or how they live

Or what battles they fight

Stop listening to the hype

You might be surprised

By who and what you

Get to know…

Kill your selfishness

Choke your pride

Hear my plea

Embrace it in stride

Now, YOU decide!

I have NO desire or need for Frienemies

We can be Friends

Or we can be enemies…

Got a guilty conscience wondering if this poem's about you?

If you can relate then it's probably true.

Just thought you should know

Cause that's what real friends do.

Lay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Hero

A Prayer for My Girls — If I Should Die Before I Wake

My little Diva