Pay Attention

~~~~~~~~~~

Just when she thinks the coast is clear

In walks the ghost with a smile and a can of beer

“Come over here—let me tell you a story”

“Sit on my lap—you don’t have to worry”

“Do as I say and it won’t be gory”

Pay Attention

~~~~~~~~~~

As the ghost tells his bedtime story

Strokes her hair and tells her not to worry

Listening to this ghost and his horrific sounds

Her body is stiff, her heart pounds

She tries not to cry as his pants begin to round

Pay Attention

~~~~~~~~~~

“You know I love you” the story begins

“Don’t tell mommy” the story ends

Back in bed alone in the dark

The ghost and his beer have left their mark

An innocent “bedtime story” is how it all starts

Lay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Hero

A Prayer for My Girls — If I Should Die Before I Wake

My little Diva