Lake-View

I gaze aimlessly

through my reflection in the window

at a shameless body of blackness

Motionless, it breathes

as my tears crash against the rocky moon glisten

falling into the city view

Glistening lights dance

in the heavens above me, to the rhythm of blowing winds

while trees stand alone and their branches sway

Encircled by high-rise and highway

surrounded by life’s ever changing melody, it flows

it flows endlessly into the arms of my dark horizon

Just 14 Years Old

Ripe and ready to mold

Searching for love

She was unaware

She was never told

Her story I will unfold …

Scarred and out of control

Fragile and naïve, yet bold

She believed all the lies he sold

On her finger he placed gold

He promised her love

More than she could ever dream of …

Guidance she lacks

Violence and pain she attracts

He stopped her dead in her tracks

Her body he attacked

Her heart he cracked

Her face he smacked

Her eyes he blacked

Her mind he whacked

Her life he trapped …

Lay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Hero

A Prayer for My Girls — If I Should Die Before I Wake

My little Diva