If I Had One Wish

So many thoughts come to mind

If only “I could really go back in time”

Change or undo my life’s violent and sexual crimes

Tell those around me to “open their eyes”

“Pay Attention to the signs”

If only one wish could really rewind

Those pedophilic hands of my lifetime …

Then I stopped and started to think

“Who would I be if this didn’t happen to me?

What of the woman I’d come to be

The wisdom I’d come to see

And my children whose lives are abuse free”

As a result of my past … my history …

Now, with eyes wide and mind free

Heart pounding, air, and life in me

Blessed with children to continue my legacy,

Equipped with words and strength to share my story … my poetry

I’d wish only to open the eyes of the blind

The mouths of the abused and the hearts of our society …

I’d make them see … I’d make them see

So no other child has to end up like me …

Lay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Hero

A Prayer for My Girls — If I Should Die Before I Wake

My little Diva