I Am a Product of YOU
I am a product of everything you didn't do
You are the white powder on my top lip
As my body shakes and shifts
Praying this will help my spirits lift
Just a product of what you didn't do
All I think, all I say, all I do
The way I fall over and over again
For the same no-good dude
Knowing he'll beat me till black and blue
I am a product of you
Each time I look at a reflection of me
A helpless version of you
Is all I see
Yet another cracked product of you
Still searching,
I look as if hooked
On the natural curve of my bloodstained lips
Layers of clothes
Hiding my natural born gifts
Ripped pants over my bruises
And heart shaped hips
I am a battered version of you
Each step I take is magnified
Hiding the pain I bear inside
Because of all you didn't do
I walk with broken dreams and head held high
A Broken heart
Pumped with fake pride
Infected with love lies
When reality is
I just wish I'd die
I am a broken product of you
How about when I'm hit
Or the way I scream
When beaten and kicked
And especially how my mind goes numb
When mutilated and stripped
All a product of what you didn't do
You are the pain in the bottle I sip
The liquor smell ingrained on my lips
The reason I lose my grip
On reality…
I am just a fallen product of you
You are the girlfriends I don't have
And the only male companion I do
You are the reason I'm cracked, now shattered
Yet, you are my glue
I am a defective product of all you didn't do
Yet, the question still remains
Who & where are you?
Lay
You are the white powder on my top lip
As my body shakes and shifts
Praying this will help my spirits lift
Just a product of what you didn't do
All I think, all I say, all I do
The way I fall over and over again
For the same no-good dude
Knowing he'll beat me till black and blue
I am a product of you
Each time I look at a reflection of me
A helpless version of you
Is all I see
Yet another cracked product of you
Still searching,
I look as if hooked
On the natural curve of my bloodstained lips
Layers of clothes
Hiding my natural born gifts
Ripped pants over my bruises
And heart shaped hips
I am a battered version of you
Each step I take is magnified
Hiding the pain I bear inside
Because of all you didn't do
I walk with broken dreams and head held high
A Broken heart
Pumped with fake pride
Infected with love lies
When reality is
I just wish I'd die
I am a broken product of you
How about when I'm hit
Or the way I scream
When beaten and kicked
And especially how my mind goes numb
When mutilated and stripped
All a product of what you didn't do
You are the pain in the bottle I sip
The liquor smell ingrained on my lips
The reason I lose my grip
On reality…
I am just a fallen product of you
You are the girlfriends I don't have
And the only male companion I do
You are the reason I'm cracked, now shattered
Yet, you are my glue
I am a defective product of all you didn't do
Yet, the question still remains
Who & where are you?
Lay
Comments
Post a Comment