ANXIETY
My heart beats like thunder … I try
To stop the wonder in my mind
But the pictures replay
As if in rewind
Sweaty and unsteady are my hands … I try
Calming my emotion—thinking of the ocean
I’m drowned by the sound
Of the whiplash in my past
It's heavy and strangling me … I try
But I can’t breathe
The pain is lingering in my chest
Like I’m in cardiac arrest
I want to cry … I try
But the tears won’t fall
They’re held back—entrapped
By this ANXIETY ATTACK!
Lay
To stop the wonder in my mind
But the pictures replay
As if in rewind
Sweaty and unsteady are my hands … I try
Calming my emotion—thinking of the ocean
I’m drowned by the sound
Of the whiplash in my past
It's heavy and strangling me … I try
But I can’t breathe
The pain is lingering in my chest
Like I’m in cardiac arrest
I want to cry … I try
But the tears won’t fall
They’re held back—entrapped
By this ANXIETY ATTACK!
Lay
Comments
Post a Comment