Am I a Good Mother?

Am I ~ a good mother

Does she ~ feel how much I love her

Can she ~ see the sacrifices I make

Will she ~ understand they are in her namesake

While my mind and heart were at war

My “hero” ~ had something in store

She ~ rescued me once more

With a phone call from 700 miles away

Enthusiasm in her voice ~ she went on to say

“Guess what mommy; I have to write an essay”

Topic: “The most important woman in my life”

Her words gently removed depressions knife

She ~ pulled my spirit from home in the dark afterlife

She ~ continued with a few questions for me

Answers she already had ~ all I did was agree

If only she knew ~ how much doubt filled my mind

“Am I a good mother” ~ how could I be so blind

Is it wrong for me to be so far away

Will it hinder the bond we’ve held since her “birth” day

Without being burdened with question nor task

She ~ rescued and reassured me in a flash

Now when in doubt or I can’t find my way

I pray my guardian angel answers ~ as she did today

Down on my knees I look to the sky

Thank God for the blessing in her eyes

Thank him for hearing my cries

And for delivering my reply

“Mommy listen as I tell you why”

Lay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Hero

A Prayer for My Girls — If I Should Die Before I Wake

My little Diva